Dick Morris : The Real Poll Numbers
The Real Poll Numbers
By Dick Morris on August 6, 2012
The media is trying to create a sense of momentum and of inevitability about the Obama candidacy. One benighted Newsweek reporter even speculated about a possible Democratic landslide.
On Friday, I saw the real numbers. These state-by-state polls, taken by an organization I trust (after forty years of polling) show the real story. The tally is based on more than 600 likely voter interviews in each swing state within the past eight days.
The trend line is distinctly pro-Romney. Of the thirteen states studied, he improved or Obama slipped in nine states while the reverse happened in only four. To read the media, one would think that Romney had a terrible month. In fact, the exact reverse is true.
Romney is currently leading in every state McCain carried plus: Indiana, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Nevada, North Carolina, and Colorado. If he carries these states, he’ll have 228 electoral votes of the 270 he needs to win.
Share this article
- Record 70.4 Million Enrolled in Medicaid in 2011: 1 Out of Every 5 Americans
- Layoff bomb detonates; Large corporations join small businesses in announcing mass cuts
- Does the 2012 Election suggest the sun is setting on the “American Dream”
- The Dow Industrials lost more than 300 points in a sell-off on Wednesday
- Village of Ridgewood Election Results 2012
- Office of Emergency Management : HURRICANE SANDY UPDATE – NOV. 6 – 3:00 PM
- US DOL Funding 1,000 Temp Clean-Up Jobs
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church SHELTER UPDATE!
- Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno moves to fix fax and email ballot backlog
- Village abdicates leadership places blame solely on PSE&G