Posted on

Don’t plug space heaters into an extension cord!

the staff of the Ridgewood blog

Twp. of Washington NJ,Twp of Washington Fire Department reminds us why we don’t plug space heaters into an extension cord?

This is because a space heater, no matter what size, draws a high amount of electricity and can overload a circuit or overheat an extension cord thus causing an electrical fire. If possible, get a space heater that plugs directly into the wall outlet.

These pictures are from a call tonight. We were called to an odor of something burning, upon investigation our crews found this cord.

2 thoughts on “Don’t plug space heaters into an extension cord!

  1. Ouch

  2. How about a heavy-duty one?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.