Gee Wiz …Facebook growth clouded by dubious accounts
Facebook growth clouded by dubious accounts
AFP – 6 hours ago
Facebook’s latest figures showing growth in global users also highlights concerns …
Facebook’s latest figures showing growth in global users also suggest as many as 83 million may come from dubious sources — duplicate accounts, pages for pets and those designed to send spam.
Facebook members grew to 955 million at the end of the second quarter, but some 8.7 percent may be dodgy, the company said in its quarterly filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
There are “inherent challenges” in measuring usage “despite our efforts to detect and suppress such behavior,” the social network said.
It said duplicate accounts — when a same user maintains more than one account — may represent some 4.8 percent of active users.
my cat ha s Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/VIPVangogh
Share this article
- 10% of Facebook’s users are not human – including Mark Zuckerberg’s dog Beast who has 1.5 MILLION followers
- Snapchat Stores “Deleted” Photos In Phones’ Data: Forensic Experts
- What Search Warrant? Your Facebook Messages And Private Emails Are Not Safe From FBI Surveillance, Says ACLU
- Can Facebook lead to psychosis? One study says so
- How Facebook and Twitter mess with DUI checkpoints
- Friendships cut short on social media as people get ruder: survey
- Ridgewood officials hope lessons learned from social media incident
- While “scary text messages are a concern , readers have more of a problem with 9 year olds having IPhones
- Ridgewood district warns school of ‘scary’ text messages circulating
- SnapChat photo app in Ridgewood nude photos case not making money, yet