MESSAGE FROM THE RIDGEWOOD OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANEMENT:
THIS IS AN URGENT MESSAGE FROM THE RIDGEWOOD OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT:
HURRICANE SANDY IS EXPECTED TO IMPACT OUR AREA AS EARLY AS SUNDAY NIGHT. WIND GUSTS COULD REACH 75 MPH CAUSING SIGNFICANT RISK TO LIFE AND PROPERTY. MAJOR FLOODING IS ALSO EXPECTED.
RESDIENTS ARE WARNED TO TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION TO PREPARE.
SECURE OUTDOOR FURNITURE AND OTHER LOOSE OBJECTS.
MOVE TO HIGHER GROUND IF YOU ARE IN A FLOOD-PRONE AREA.
BE PREPARED TO SELF-EVACUATE. ALSO BE PREPARED TO SHELTER IN PLACE, WITH AT LEAST A 3 DAY SUPPLY OF FOOD AND WATER.
IF YOU MUST GO OUTSIDE, AVOID DOWNED TREES AND POWER LINES. AND STAY AWAY FROM FLOOD WATERS.
CALLL 9-1-1 ONLY FOR LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES.
Share this article
- Updated Emergency Planning Guide for Village Residents
- FEMA addresses flood maps in post-Sandy meeting with Bergen County towns
- Hurricane Sandy Lost and Found Pets
- NJ Transit: More Sandy damage to equipment than originally thought
- Tree list in Ridgewood is trimmed by storms
- Sandy relief group raises $1M, skirts N.J. law
- OEM – STORM INFORMATION & TIPS
- Christie: National Flood Insurance Program a ‘disgrace’
- Ridgewood historian seeks stories about Hurricane Sandy
- Gov issues new building rules for post-Sandy construction