the staff of the Ridgewood blog
Ridgewood NJ, NJ TRANSIT anticipates regular weekend service on its rail, bus, light rail and Access Link services for Saturday and Sunday as long as weather conditions permit safe operation. Parts of New Jersey are forecasted to experience snow and icy roadway conditions with rapid freezing of wet surfaces. There is also a possibility of high wind conditions, which could impact the overhead wires on rail and light rail service.
IMPORTANT: Due to the potential snow and ice accumulation in conjunction with possible local and county travel bans, there is the potential for all bus service — including bus service to/from PABT– to be suspended at some point during the weekend. Customers will have advance notice of a service suspension. All customers should closely monitor njtransit.com, download the mobile app with push notifications, sign up for My Transit alerts, or monitor social media and broadcast news reports for the latest status of the system.
For customers of Bus Route Nos. 196/197, NJ TRANSIT rail will cross-honor bus passes and tickets on the Port Jervis Line trains to/from Harriman, Tuxedo and Sloatsburg through the end of the service day on Sunday. Bus service to/from Warwick, N.Y., will originate/terminate at West Milford Park & Ride due to weather conditions. Bus 196 will operate on a snow detour and will not operate on Skyline Drive.
NJ TRANSIT will have personnel and assets in position to address any issues that may arise during or after the storm, which could include downed wires or trees.
NJ TRANSIT’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is open and closely monitoring weather forecasts and conditions as the storm develops. Key personnel will monitor any impacts to the system throughout the duration of the storm.
Customers are advised to use extreme caution around bus stops, stations and facilities as slippery conditions may exist. Customers should also build extra travel time into their schedules as residual delays and some cancellations may occur from the residual effects of the storm.
Snow fighting supplies and equipment have been dispatched across the state and are ready to be deployed as conditions warrant.
- Before starting your trip, visit the Travel Alerts page at njtransit.com for up-to-the-minute service information. This information is also available by calling (973) 275-5555 or from broadcast traffic reports.
- Customers are encouraged to download or update the NJ TRANSIT mobile app to set up and receive customized service alert information via push notifications. Visit the You Tube video for easy instructions on setting up custom push notifications.
- Sign up for the My Transit alert system on njtransit.com, which delivers travel advisories for your specific trip to your cell phone via email or text.
- Allow extra time getting to and from your destination. Use extreme caution when walking on exposed sidewalks or station platforms and when boarding trains and buses.
- Report slippery or unsafe conditions to bus operators, train crews or
NJ TRANSIT staff.
- Listen closely to public address announcements at stations for late-breaking service information.