file photo by Dana Glazer
September 21st, 2016
BERGEN COUNTY ELECTION OFFICES ANNOUNCE EXTENDED HOURS
In a joint effort to accommodate constituents and encourage greater voter participation in the upcoming 2016 General Election, the Offices of the Bergen County Clerk, the Superintendent of Elections and the Board of Elections will be available during extended night and weekend hours.
The County Election Offices will be open for extended hours on:
Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 9:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
*Tuesday, October 18th, 2016 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (*only for voter registration)
Thursday, October 20th, 2016 9:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday October 29th, 2016 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 5th, 2016 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 6th, 2016 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The increased availability is intended to encourage In-Person Vote-by-Mail and voter registration.
Important 2016 Election Dates to remember:
- October 18th – last day to register to vote for the General 2016 Election.
- November 1st – deadline to apply for a Vote-By-Mail Ballot by mail.
- November 7th at 3:00pm – Last opportunity to Vote-By-Mail in person at the Bergen County Clerk’s Office.
- November 8th at 8:00pm – Vote by mail ballots must be received by the Board of Elections by the closing of the polls.
- Tuesday, November 8th – General election (polls open 6am-8pm)For more information Contact:
Office of the Bergen County Clerk – 201-336-7020
Lauren M. Zyriek, Deputy County Clerk
Jennifer Testi, Deputy Supervisor of Elections
Superintendent of Elections – 201-336-6109
Patricia DiCostanzo, Superintendent of Elections
Theresa Mullins O’Connor, Deputy Superintendent of Elections
Board of Elections – 201-336-6230
Eileen K. DeBari, Chairwoman
Richard Miller, Secretary, Commissioner
Jamie Sheehan-Willis, Commissioner
Paul A. Juliano, Commissioner