RIDGEWOOD SCHOOL BOARD REGULAR PUBLIC MEETING
DECEMBER 3, 2018
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC
A. GUIDELINES FOR PUBLIC COMMENT Please remember this is a public meeting. Anything you say will be a public record. As a result, pursuant to law, the Board of Education cannot respond to you publicly concerning certain matters, such as those regarding an individual student or personnel. If there is a matter that you wish to remain private concerning personnel or students, please contact the Superintendent’s Office.
Public comment periods shall also be governed by the following rules:
1. Persons wishing to speak must, upon being recognized, rise, sign in, and state their names and addresses.
2. Each speaker shall be limited to four minutes. The Board Recorder will note the time. A speaker who has not finished in the allotted time will be directed by the presiding officer to summarize quickly and relinquish the floor within 30 seconds. (ref: Policy 0167)
3. Comments shall be limited to issues. If personal remarks or discourteous statements are made, the presiding officer shall require the speaker to stop. No person will be recognized for a second time until all others asking to speak have been heard.
4. All statements shall be directed to the presiding officer, no participant may address or question Board members individually.
5. No participant may speak more than once on the same topic until all others who wish to speak on that topic have been heard;
6. Questions requiring investigation shall be referred by the Board to the Superintendent’s Office for consideration and later response. A participant may be asked to submit such questions in written format.