photo courtesy of Boyd Loving
OFFICIAL RESULTS OF SCHOOL ELECTION (November 2018)
Candidates for Board – Three Year Term
Cristopher Kaufman: 4,579
B. Vincent Loncto: 3,055
Personal Choice: 29
Total November Election Votes Cast: 11,400
SWEARING IN, NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS OF BOARD OFFICERS
Newly elected Board member Cristopher Kaufman was sworn in, followed by a roll call of the Board and nominations and election of a new Board president and vice president. Jennie Smith Wilson was elected President. James Morgan was elected Vice President.
BOARD GOALS UPDATE
Dr. Fishbein provided an update on the status of the Board goals at this mid-point in the school year, as follows:
1) Negotiations with the REA have been completed with an approved REA contract; RAA negotiations will be starting;
2) Identification of capital projects for a bond referendum will be starting with meeting with LAN Associates;
3) Full-Day Kindergarten update will be presented to the Board at the April 29 meeting;
4) Special Education Department study to be reported on this spring;
5) Community Strategic Planning consultants are being interviewed at this time.