photos courtesy of Boyd Loving
the staff of the Ridgewood blog
Ridgewood NJ, It what seems to becoming an all too frequent occurrence, Ridgewood Fire Department personnel were again called to address a spill of cooking grease generated from a local restaurant. The latest spill occurred on Tuesday morning, 08/22 in front of 16 Chestnut Street, Ridgewood. Members of Ridgewood FD Engine Company #35 and Rescue Company #42 applied an absorbent material to the affected area.
Chief of Department James Van Goor, who was on the scene, advised the restaurant owner to hire a private contractor for final cleanup. Ridgewood Health Department officials were also notified of the incident. Ridgewood Police provided traffic control as firefighters worked at the location.