Posted on

Ridgewood Fire Department Responds to Electrical Fire

photos courtesy of Tony Loving’s Facebook Page

the staff of the Ridgewood blog

Ridgewood NJ, Ridgewood Fire Department personnel responded to the 300 block of Cedar Avenue for a reported electrical fire in the attic of a two-family home. Although the small fire had been extinguished prior to the arrival of fire fighters, heavy smoke filled the home’s attic area and required the use of a smoke ejector to clear it.

An adult male resident of the home complained of smoke inhalation symptoms and was evaluated by Ridgewood EMTs. It is not known whether he required ambulance transportation to a local hospital. The fire appeared to have originated in an electrical power strip and extended into a nearby wall. Property damage was minimal.

7 thoughts on “Ridgewood Fire Department Responds to Electrical Fire

  1. Scary watch those cords

  2. Never buy power strips from a dollar store.

  3. BAN ALL ELECTRICITY !!!
    .
    If it can SAVE JUST ONE house then it WILL BE WORTH IT !!
    .

  4. Dutch Colonial.

  5. They have never lost a foundation yet! TAXES!?!?!

  6. Gee aren’t you funney, NOT, grow up or leave the computer alone.

  7. Was the fire captain let out of the basement again ? Get him back on his meds.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.