Ridgewood School News
Ridgewood School News
Sheila Brogan reminded the public about the upcoming Curriculum Outreach programs, including this fall, including the presentation by psychologist Debra Fagan on K-5 emotional well-being. This program will take place next Tuesday, October 2, from 7:30-9 p.m. at Benjamin Franklin Middle School Auditorium.
Sheila Brogan reminded the public that ribbon-cutting ceremonies to mark the completion of bond referendum construction are coming up at George Washington Middle School on October 10 at 6:30 p.m. and at Willard School on October 16 at 7:30 p.m. The public is invited.
GWMS Library Media Specialist Ann Brown presented information on the new digital library initiative of the middle schools and high school. Students now have access to 150 digital titles for check-out via the school website; they can sign up for e-books to be downloaded to their personal e-reader devices for a period of two or three weeks. Soon, e-reader devices will also be available to borrow.
RHS Media Center Renovations : Lori Weil and David Zrike presented information on the proposed RHS Learning Commons that would replace the high school’s library, which is 50 years old. The new space would reflect the mission of optimizing student productivity and collaborative learning and include research areas, meeting rooms and a café and lounge space. Estimated costs are $600,000 for construction and $250,000 for furnishings. The committee is actively fundraising and is also seeking the Board’s approval of financial assistance. The goal is to begin construction in June of 2013 and to be completed with the project in time for the start of the start of school next September.
Jim Morgan reported that the Finance Committee is exploring creative ideas to present the financial statements to the public in lay terms.
Sheila Brogan reported that the Communications Committee will begin work next month on a comprehensive parent/guardian survey, which will be distributed in May 2013.
Share this article
- Ridgewood Schools News
- Ridgewood schools to leave national lunch program
- Readers Debate Special Ed Outsourcing
- Ridgewood parents denounce special education outsourcing
- Superintendent salary caps can keep costs down but so would mergers
- State Task force may look at full-day kindergarten in all districts
- Ridgewood Public Schools to renew most teacher contracts
- Ridgewood Schools Annual Parent/Gordian Survey out May 13th
- Technology director sought for Ridgewood schools
- BOE TO APPROVE CHANGES TO THE 2013-14 SCHOOL CALENDAR, SALARIES