“To bag or not to bag” leaf collection on Ridgewood Village Council agenda tonight
Proposed changes of leaf collection on Ridgewood Village Council agenda tonight
the staff of the Ridgewood blog
Ridgewood NJ, tonight’s Village Council work session will look to address some nagging issues in the Village like leaf collection and some new ideas put forward by New Jersey Transit (NJT) for advertising and cleaning up the pedestrian underpass at the train station.
New Jersey Transit (NJT) will make a presentation at the Village Council work session tonight on proposed advertising program for the pedestrian underpass at Ridgewood’s train station.
The Village Council will also discuss the proposed changes to Ridgewood’s leaf and debris collection policy. After years of public criticism and much debate Village Public works officials last month began a push to end the old way of collecting loose leaves at curb side and require residents to bag leaves for pickup.
In a blow to the development of North Walnut Street and Franklin Avenue property ,known as the “Town Garage ” the Ridgewood News is reporting that environmental officials have said that several large fuel tanks located beneath the parking lot at North Walnut Street and Franklin Avenue must be removed. The site remediation is expected to be a long and costly process with sources estimating anywhere from $600,000 to $800,000.
The property already has a rather checker past and has been stuck in a zoning no mans land since 2009 .
The Village Council work session begins at 7:30 p.m. in the Sydney V. Stoldt Courtroom.
Share this article
- NORTHEAST CORRIDOR TRACK WORK BEGINS JUNE 2
- Ticket Blitz : Bike ordinance scrubbed
- School traffic change at Ridge School needs more study
- Residents Pressure derails bike ticket blitz
- Ridgewood Train Station: $40 Million Dollars you would think they could cut the grass?
- CHRISTIE ADMINISTRATION ANNOUNCES ENHANCEMENTS TO 7TH AVENUE CONCOURSE AT NEW YORK PENN STATION
- Park entrances in Ridgewood may soon rock
- Ridgewood’s municipal taxes to stay flat under proposed budget
- Ridgewood Planning Board special public meeting on proposed Valley Hospital expansion, 7:30 p.m., George Washington Middle School
- Ridgewood Council Approves Citizens Financial Advisory Board