the staff of the Ridgewood blog
Ridgewood NJ, Springing up all over town, a clock, brick work at the crosswalks , vintage street lights and turf fields, some of the things that make the Village unique?
Not so fast towns all across the state from Hoboken to Woodridge all share some of the same features of Village ,why Hoboken even has two clocks .
So why all the sameness ,what happen to home rule and the unique experience that was the Village of Ridgewood ? Is the uniformity mandated from the state ?What about town character and who is making all the money ? We are not fans of urban homogeneity .
Other things spreading like turf fields are down town parking garages , didn’t get a picture of that yet in Ridgewood .
Share this article
- 2013 Village of Ridgewood Introduced Budget – June 12 Budget Public Hearing
- Readers Question Valley’s management and board of trustees
- Judge’s deadline for Valley Hospital creeps up
- Valley Supporter says Valley should take the properties on Linwood, Steilen and Van Dien via the eminent domain process.
- NJ’s COAH money grab is latest raid on property taxes
- Planning Board Meeting Change of Location – May 21
- Ridgewood Council approves merit-based raises
- Ridgewood Planning Board mulls master plan
- Citizens for a Better Ridgewood look to develop a positive, long term, forward thinking vision of the CBD
- PLANNING BOARD PUBLIC MEETING AND WORK SESSION – MAY 13