Valley Hospital : Any expansion plan MUST include some sort of PILOT
Valley Hospital : Any expansion plan MUST include some sort of PILOT (payment in lieu of property taxes)
Valley has a right to modernize, and if that requires some expansion, so be it. Its obvious that their original plan was too large. There has to be some sort of reasonable ‘middle ground here’ and hopefully a compromise will be reached.
Any expansion plan MUST include some sort of PILOT (payment in lieu of property taxes) . I’m a supporter of Valley but judging by the salaries their CEO received, and the amount of $$ doctors make (while some do not accept insurance) the ‘non-profit’ status slips past the definition.
A Pilot program must be agreed to by Valley. You can not force them into it. If they had any sense of community the would have entered in to a pilot program a long time ago. When you talk about middle ground have you ever seen Valley hospital seek any middle ground? Now with at least two of their supporters on the council and who knows if there are any other that are going to join the Dog and Pony show that hospital is going to put on. Who is going to keep tabs on Valley ‘non- prof’ status?
Because we know they are so forth coming with information. We all know how these hearing are going to go. Valley will take a few 100 sq ft off of here and a few 100 sq ft off over there and the council will proclaim that they have achieved ( reasonable middle ground) by their mediation and slap themselves on the back.
Share this article
- Readers Question Valley’s management and board of trustees
- Judge’s deadline for Valley Hospital creeps up
- Valley Supporter says Valley should take the properties on Linwood, Steilen and Van Dien via the eminent domain process.
- Planning Board Meeting Change of Location – May 21
- Pascack Valley hospital reopening with eye on expansion
- The Valley Hospital Fertility Center Holds Annual Baby Jubilee
- Valve Replacement an Option for More Patients Thanks to New Minimally Invasive TAVR Procedure
- Annual Skin Cancer Screening sponsored by The Valley Hospital Set for May 15
- Patient Reports credit card account information was compromised while he was a patient at Valley Hospital
- Are You a Candidate for Weight-Loss Surgery?