the staff of the Ridgewood blog
New Bridge landing NJ, Celebrate Major General Baron von Steuben with the Bergen County Historical Society at our annual Baronfest on Saturday October 16th, 1 pm -5 pm at Historic New Bridge Landing, 1201 Main Street, River Edge NJ.
– Sample the finest in craft beers from three Bergen County breweries including, Alementary Brewery, Brix City Brewery, and Hackensack Brewery.
– Family Friendly event includes cornhole games and free pumpkin picking and decorating.
– Have a chat with members from the Revolutionary War reenactment group Motts Artillery as they demonstrate cannon firing and military life.
– Listen to the foot-tapping music of the Hudson Woodpile Band.
– Be on the lookout for Major General Baron von Steuben and stop and take your photo with him.
– All three-18th century Jersey-Dutch Sandstone houses, including the state historic 1752 Steuben House will be open for tours throughout the day.
– On display for viewing in the Steuben House will be an exhibit, “The Urn Finial Chairs of the Hackensack Valley”, featuring the society’s collection of Hackensack Valley style chairs with their distinctive urn-finials and rush style seats.
– Stop by the Westervelt-Thomas barn and don’t forget to visit the society’s authentic Jersey-Dutch out kitchen to see BCHS interpreters preparing beer bread and ribs.
– Take a peek at the treasures in the gift shop while you enjoy donuts, hot cider, and other fall refreshments which will be available for purchase outside the tavern grounds.
– Grab something to eat from the food trucks of either Viva Margarita or Kim Chi Smoke that will be on site.
Per the state parks’ guidelines, face masks are required inside all historical buildings.
– Ticket reservations are required: $15 adults, $10 BCHS Members, designated drivers, and 12-20 years old. Under 12 years old is free but must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Make reservations online and save time at the gate. BergenCountyHistory.org
Food and beer; additional cost. All proceeds go to support the soon to be built museum at New Bridge Landing.
– Free parking available on site or take the train to the “New Bridge Landing” station on the Pascack Valley Line.
– Dogs are permitted on site on a leash but not in the houses.
– For additional information email: email@example.com, or call 201-343-9492 and leave a message.
– The event is subject to change.