FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE FRIDAY NIGHT…
The Flood Watch continues for
* All of southern Connecticut, most of northeast New Jersey, and
all of southeast New York.
* From Friday morning through late Friday night
* A deepening coastal low late Thursday night into Friday will bring heavy rain across the area, with the potential for 2 to 3 inches of rainfall. Heavier bands could produce localized
* Smaller rivers and streams across the area will be most vulnerable to the possibility of flooding. In addition, poor drainage urban flooding is possible and may be enhanced by the
effects of coastal flooding.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on current forecasts. You should monitor later forecasts and be
alert for possible flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop.
HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE FRIDAY NIGHT…
* WINDS…North 25 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* TIMING…Strongest winds from Friday afternoon through Friday night.
* IMPACTS…Damaging winds will be capable of downing trees and power lines. Power outages are possible. Travel will be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Limited visibilities will make travel difficult.
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph…or gusts of 58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.