the staff of the Ridgewood blog
Trenton NJ, With some states choosing to delay further reopening or even bring back some previously lifted restrictions due to surges in COVID-19, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released updated rankings for the States with the Fewest Coronavirus Restrictions .
To identify which states have the fewest coronavirus restrictions, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 17 key metrics. Our data set ranges from whether the state has any penalties for non-compliance with COVID-19 legislation to whether the state has required face masks in public and health checks at restaurants. Below, you can see highlights from the report, along with a WalletHub Q&A.
Coronavirus Restrictions in New Jersey (1=Fewest, 25=Avg.):
- 18th – Requirement to Wear a Face Mask in Public
- 41st – Workplace Temperature Screening
- 18th – State Guidance on Customer Health Checks at Restaurants
- 39th – Travel Restrictions
- 32nd – Large Gatherings Restrictions
- 17th – Reopening of Non-Essential Businesses
- 38th – Reopening of Restaurants and Bars
- 16th – Working from Home Requirements/Recommendations
Note: Rankings are based on data available as of 12:30 p.m. ET on Monday, October 5, 2020.
For the full report, please visit: