the staff of the Ridgewood blog
Ridgewood NJ, With nurses risking their lives every day to keep the U.S. safe from COVID-19 and National Nurses Week kicking off May 6, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2020’s Best & Worst States for Nurses, as well as accompanying videos.
In order to help new nursing graduates find the best markets for their profession, WalletHub compared the relative attractiveness of the 50 states across 22 key metrics. The data set ranges from monthly average starting salary for nurses to health-care facilities per capita to nursing-job openings per capita.
The Nursing Market in New Jersey (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 23rd – Monthly Avg. Starting Salary for Nurses (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 45th – Health-Care Facilities per Capita
- 19th – Nurses per Capita
- 29th – Projected Share of Elderly Population by 2030
- 36th – Nursing-Job Openings per Capita
- 31st – Average Annual Salary for Nurses (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 22nd – Share of Best Nursing Homes
- 20th – Projected Competition by 2026
- 18th – Avg. Number of Work Hours
For the full report, please visit: