We frequently get these questions, so now is a great time to provide some useful tips and excellent resources to help you when assembling an emergency kit. You should have an emergency kit for your home (including pets) and have one in each vehicle.
• To assemble your kit, store items in airtight plastic bags in one or two easy-to-carry containers such as plastic bins or a duffel bag.
• Store clean-up and repair supplies in a safe place.
• Make your emergency kit portable in case you need to evacuate.
• Don’t forget special supplies for babies, the elderly, those with access or functional needs, and your animals.
• Re-think your needs every year and update your kit as your family’s needs change.