the staff of the Ridgewood blog
Ridgewood NJ, NJ TRANSIT is kicking off Memorial Day weekend with “early getaway” rail and bus service on Friday, May 27 to help customers traveling for the long holiday weekend.
Tell your story #TheRidgewoodblog , #Indpendentnews #information #advertise #guestpost #affiliatemarketing ,#NorthJersey #NJ , #News #localnews #bergencounty #nj #sponsoredpost #SponsoredContent #contentplacement #guestposts #linkplacement Email: Onlyonesmallvoice@gmail.com
NJ TRANSIT makes it easy to have fun in the sun, without having to worry about driving, parking, or gas prices! Memorial Day weekend is a great time for customers to take advantage of NJ TRANSIT’s travel options to destinations including Six Flags Great Adventure or Hurricane Harbor and Monmouth Park.
Friday, May 27:
- From approximately 1 p.m. until 6 p.m., extra outbound trains will operate; Newark Airport stops will be added to select trains, and certain connections at Secaucus connections will be adjusted. Visit njtransit.com or see rail timetables for details.
- Extra buses will operate from the Port Authority Bus Terminal on more than two dozen bus routes starting around noon. Visit njtransit.com for details.
Saturday, May 28 and Sunday, May 29:
- Rail service will run on a regular weekend schedule.
- Bus service will run on a regular weekend schedule.
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail will operate on a Saturday and Sunday schedule, respectively.
- Newark Light Rail will operate on a Saturday and Sunday schedule, respectively.
- River LINE will operate on a Saturday and Sunday schedule, respectively.
Memorial Day, Monday, May 30:
- Trains will operate on a weekend/major holiday schedule on all lines.
- Most bus routes will operate on a Saturday or Sunday schedule. Customers are advised to check their timetables or visit njtransit.com for schedule information. NOTE: buses may be subject to detours and service delays for Memorial Day parades through various towns. See njtransit.com for details.
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail will operate on a Sunday/holiday schedule.
- Newark Light Rail will operate on a Saturday/holiday schedule.
- River LINE will operate on a Sunday/holiday schedule.
NJ TRANSIT Summer Spectacular!
- Six Flags Great Adventure or Hurricane Harbor: Beginning May 28, NJ TRANSIT bus customers can use the No. 308 express bus for travel to and from the park. The No. 308 bus operates between the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York and Six Flags, with an intermediate stop at Newark Penn Station. For details, visit njtransit.com/sixflags.
- Monmouth Park: NJ TRANSIT is off to the races at Monmouth Park Racetrack this season with a great discount package! NJ TRANSIT customers can take North Jersey Coast Line trains to Monmouth Park Station when the track is open for live racing, through September 18th. NJ TRANSIT’s Monmouth Park Package includes round-trip transportation, general admission, and an official racing program, and costs only the price of the round-trip fare plus $3.50, a total savings of $6.50 off the face value if purchased separately. The Monmouth Park package is available only at TVMs and ticket office windows. You can find more information at njtransit.com/monmouthpark.
- Check Schedules in Advance: Plan your trip online or with the NJ TRANSIT mobile app to take advantage of extra trains and buses.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion during the long holiday weekend may affect bus travel times especially on routes using the Garden State Parkway heading to shore points. Customers should plan accordingly.
- Ticketing: Purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip to speed your return. Use the NJ TRANSIT mobile app, ticket vending machines or see a ticket agent, if available, to avoid possible surcharges. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Customers are encouraged to download or update the NJ TRANSIT mobile app to set up and receive customized service alert information via push notifications. Visit the You Tube video for easy instructions on setting up custom push notifications.
- Luggage: Travel as light as possible. Passengers with luggage or packages should use the overhead racks or designated luggage spaces. On multilevel trains, customers with large bags should use the mezzanine levels at the ends of each car.