Posted on

Monmouth County Man Admits making Telephone and Email threats to New Jersey Public Officials

police lights 1

Monmouth County Man admitted making telephone and email threats to New Jersey state officials, judges, law enforcement, and attorneys, bomb threats to government offices, a police department, two law firms and a business

the staff of the Ridgewood blog

Trenton NJ, a Monmouth County, man today admitted making threatening telephone and email communications to New Jersey state officials, judges, law enforcement officers, and attorneys, and phoning in false bomb threats to local and state government offices, a police department, two law firms and a commercial establishment, U.S. Attorney Philip R. Sellinger announced.

Continue reading Monmouth County Man Admits making Telephone and Email threats to New Jersey Public Officials

Posted on

JUVENILE CHARGED WITH MAKING BOMB THREATS TO HACKENSACK AND PARAMUS SCHOOLS

Ridgewood Police Assist Paramus Police with Hit and Run Crash in Paramus

file photo by Boyd Loving

the staff of the Ridgewood blog

Paramus NJ, Bergen County Prosecutor Mark Musella announced the arrest of a 16 year-old male JUVENILE on charges of Terroristic Threats And False Public Alarm.  The arrest is the result of an investigation conducted by the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office under the direction of Chief Robert Anzilotti, the Paramus Police Department under the direction of Chief Kenneth Ehrenberg, and the Hackensack Police Department under the direction of Officer-in-Charge Captain Peter Busciglio.

Continue reading JUVENILE CHARGED WITH MAKING BOMB THREATS TO HACKENSACK AND PARAMUS SCHOOLS

Posted on

Phone number used to make bomb threats in North Jersey implicated in other hoaxes

RHS_BEST_theridgewoodblog

JANUARY 20, 2016, 1:33 PM    LAST UPDATED: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2016, 7:12 PM
BY STEFANIE DAZIO
STAFF WRITER |
THE RECORD

A phone number used to make bomb threats that led to school evacuations across North Jersey on Tuesday has been used in other, similar hoaxes, law enforcement authorities said on Wednesday.

Teaneck Police Detective Capt. John Faggello said calls were routed through a California number that “has been used before.” He did not disclose the number but said that he believes that “it’s a number commonly used in swatting incidents.” He said he did not know specifics about how the number had been used before.

Bergen County Acting Prosecutor Gurbir S. Grewal said on Wednesday that all of the calls made to Bergen County  schools came from a phone number with a Bakersfield, Calif. exchange. He declined to say whether that number was linked to bomb threats made in other states on Tuesday, or whether the number has been linked to other hoaxes.

https://www.northjersey.com/news/phone-number-used-to-make-bomb-threats-in-north-jersey-implicated-in-other-hoaxes-1.1495539