the staff of the Ridgewood blog
Ridgewood NJ, New Jersey Is the State with the 9th Worst Health Infrastructure for Coronavirus .COVID-19 has exposed weaknesses in the country’s healthcare system, from supplies to staffing to bed counts, but issues have been far from uniform across the U.S.
To identify which states have the best health infrastructure, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 14 key metrics. Our data set ranges from the state’s Public Health Emergency Preparedness funding per capita to the share of the population that is uninsured and the number of hospital beds per capita.
Health Infrastructure in New Jersey (1=Best, 25=Avg.):
- 39th – Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Funding Per Capita
- 49th – Public Hospital System Quality
- 38th – Public Healthcare Spending per Capita
- 27th – Number of Hospital Beds per Capita
- 25th – Share of Uninsured Population
For the full report, please visit: