the staff of the Ridgewood blog
Ridgewood NJ, With some students learning online or experiencing a hybrid of online and in-person classes due to COVID-19, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on the Safest States for Schools to Reopen, as well as accompanying videos and audio files.
To identify which states have the safest conditions for reopening schools, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 15 key metrics. Our data set includes such things as the number of child COVID-19 cases per 100,000 children, the average public-school class size, and the ratio of students to school nurses. Below, you can see highlights from the report, along with a WalletHub Q&A.
School Reopening Safety in New Jersey (1=Safest, 25=Avg.):
- 6th – Child COVID-19 Cases per 100,000 Children
- 29th – Child COVID-19 Deaths per 100,000 Children
- 5th – COVID-19 Cases in the Last Seven Days per 100,000 Residents
- 24th – Share of K-12 Public School Students Transported Through School Transportation
- 12th – Average Public-School Class Size
- 4th – Pupil-Teacher Ratio
- 2nd – Overall Likelihood of COVID-19 Infections
- 5th – Student-to-School-Nurse Ratio
For the full report, please visit: