the staff of the Ridgewood blog
Ridgewood NJ, Josh Gottheimer is covering up allegations about a court case where he was charged with aggressively intimidating and assaulting a woman. His campaign spin machine is intentionally misleading the press using carefully parsed phrases to obscure the truth.
But the legal documents tell the truth: Gottheimer says the lawsuit was simply dismissed but he conveniently leaves out the fact that it was settled out of court and he refuses to say how much money the victim was paid and what else was offered to her in return for ending the lawsuit.
Josh’s campaign is calling his victim a liar by dismissing her experience as frivolous. How can Gottheimer call charges of assault and discrimination “frivolous”?
Josh can’t hide the truth forever, and we’ve got a few follow-up questions for Josh to answer. If there’s no real scandal, Josh shouldn’t have an issue providing the voters of the Fifth District with answers to the following questions:
- Why won’t Josh produce the settlement documents to show what really happened? What is he hiding?
- How much money was the plaintiff paid to drop the lawsuit?
- What other non-monetary settlement was reached?
- Was the plaintiff threatened or harassed to settle?
- Was the plaintiff offered political favors to drop the lawsuit?
- If nothing happened why didn’t Josh take case to court rather than pay the plaintiff off?
Josh Gottheimer claims to stand for women, but as is so often the case with Clinton cronies, it’s clear that his actions don’t match his words.