the staff of the Ridgewood blog
Ridghewood NJ, FORMER Councilman Jeffrey D. Voigt submitted a ridiculous piece of fiction to The Ridgewood News in the form of a letter this past week. We learned from the newspaper that they had to edit out (and they refused to publish) the particularly outlandish paragraphs in which he self-righteously criticized the bullies on social media (he himself is the KING of bullying on social media, posting here on The Blog incessantly). They also deleted the parts where he talks about how others need to be decent human beings (since he certainly is not one), and how some people are “big men” behind computer screens but not in public – wow, doesn’t this describe this horrible man just perfectly?! KUDOS to the Ridgewood News for recognizing that even a “DOUCHEBAG” can go too far into the realm of non-science fiction.
The paper did go ahead and print the parts where he congratulated Pam Perron and Bernadette Walsh on being elected, while pointedly leaving Lorraine Reynolds out (in spite of the fact that she worked very hard to help get him elected four years ago). And the part where he thanked Ramon Hache and Bernadette Walsh for being good council colleagues, while leaving Susan Knudsen and Mike Sedon out. What a guy, always taking the lowest road possible. (It should be noted that when he gave a similar sermonette at the reorganization meeting, Knudsen and Sedon both thanked him and wished him well). And then he had the nerve to suggest that if elections get moved to November we will have better candidates (not only does this insult the newly elected council members, but it also indicates that he, who was elected in the springtime, was a crappy candidate – at least he got this last part right).
Amusingly, at the re-org meeting he completely forgot to thank his wife – in the letter he thanked her for helping him to get elected. Nice, so sentimental.
And why, when he was so busy listing his so-called accomplishments from the last four years, why didn’t he mention any of the following:
1. Publicly body-shaming a citizen for being overweight including at a Board of Ed meeting, in a bank parking lot, and in a courthouse in front of a reporter
2. Calling a resident a “Douchebag” (hence his forever nickname) at a council meeting
3. Publicly screaming at the Village Manager “I’m f@#%ing pissed” because she fulfilled an OPRA request
4. Taking residents and council colleagues to court so many times that the judge lost count (but the judge tossed him out on his ass every single time)
5. Road rage unleashed on an innocent resident.
6. Ethics violations filed against others (which were thrown out as baseless)
7. Giving false information to a reporter in an OPRA filed by NorthJersey.com
8. Taunting a citizen who was trying to buy grass seed, suggesting that this person should get out of Ridgewood.
A bad chapter in Ridgewood history has been come to a close.