10 Things to Know About The Valley Hospital
Written by Kathleen Roney | November 08, 2012
The Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, N.J., is part of Valley Health System, also based in Ridgewood.
Here are 10 things to know about The Valley Hospital.
1. Audrey Meyers serves as CEO of Valley Health System and The Valley Hospital.
2. Richard Keenan serves as CFO.
3. The Valley Hospital has 451 beds.
4. More than 800 physicians, 3,000 employees and 3,700 volunteers constitute the hospital’s staff.
5. In 2011, 51,730 individuals were admitted to Valley, 73,932 people were treated in the emergency department and 3,085 babies were born.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded $1.86 billion in gross charges and $46 million in net income, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. The Valley Hospital was one of 41 acute-care hospitals with the highest percentage of patients who reported their pain was “always” well controlled from January 2011 through December 2011, according to the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey.
8. In 2012, the hospital was named to the “100 Great Community Hospitals” list by Becker’s Hospital Review.
9. According to the most recent statistics available, Valley is the second busiest hospital in the state of New Jersey, based on admissions, according to its website.
10. The Valley Hospital is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System in New York City.