The FBI’s year-long investigation of Hillary Clinton’s private email server uncovered 14,900 emails and documents from her time as secretary of state that had not been disclosed by her attorneys, and a federal judge on Monday pressed the State Department to begin releasing emails sooner than mid-October as it planned.
Justice Department lawyers said last week that the State Department would review and turn over Clinton’s work-related emails to a conservative legal group. The records are among “tens of thousands” of documents found by the FBI in its probe and turned over to the State Department, Justice Department attorney Lisa Ann Olson said Monday in court.
The 14,900 Clinton documents are nearly 50 percent more than the roughly 30,000 emails that Clinton’s lawyers deemed work-related and returned to the department in December 2014.
Michael Isikoff
Chief Investigative Correspondent
July 28, 2016
The FBI warned the Clinton campaign that it was a target of a cyberattack last March, just weeks before the Democratic National Committee discovered it had been penetrated by hackers it now believes were working for Russian intelligence, two sources who have been briefed on the matter told Yahoo News.
In a meeting with senior officials at the campaign’s Brooklyn headquarters, FBI agents laid out concerns that cyberhackers had used so-called spear-phishing emails as part of an attempt to penetrate the campaign’s computers, the sources said. One of the sources said agents conducting a national security investigation asked the Clinton campaign to turn over internal computer logs as well as the personal email addresses of senior campaign officials. But the campaign, through its lawyers, declined to provide the data, deciding that the FBI’s request for sensitive personal and campaign information data was too broad and intrusive, the source said.
A second source who had been briefed on the matter and who confirmed the Brooklyn meeting said agents provided no specific information to the campaign about the identity of the cyberhackers or whether they were associated with a foreign government. The source said the campaign was already aware of attempts to penetrate its computers and had taken steps to thwart them, emphasizing that there is still no evidence that the campaign’s computers had actually been successfully penetrated.
But the potential that the intruders were associated with a foreign government should have come as no surprise to the Clinton campaign, said several sources knowledgeable about the investigation. Chinese intelligence hackers were widely reported to have penetrated both the campaigns of Barack Obama and John McCain in 2008.
Teaneck NJ, Was TWA Flight 800’s fiery crash part of a massive cover-up?, on the 20th anniversary of the crash . According to Arthur Jack Cashill ( TWA 800: The Crash, The Cover Up, The Conspiracy) the answer is a definitive yes .
TWA Flight 800 crashed into the Atlantic shortly after takeoff from JFK airport on July 17, 1996, killing all 230 passengers on board. Although initial reports suggested a terrorist attack, FBI and NTSB investigators blamed a fuel tank explosion. But skeptics have long questioned the official story, and new evidence has surfaced that suggests a widespread conspiracy.
In TWA 800, historian Jack Cashill introduces new documents and testimonies that reveal the shocking true chain of events: from the disastrous crash to the high-level decision to create a cover story and the attempts to silence anyone who dared speak the truth.
Cashill maintains that the plane was brought down by external forces and that the government has engaged in a decades-long cover-up.
According to Michele Talamo who hosted a book signing for Jack Cashill at the Teaneck American Legion for the NJ Tea Party Coalition, “Jack Cashill is by all accounts a JERSEY guy. Jack was born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, graduated from Regis High School in New York City and Siena College in Loudonville, New York. He received his Ph.D. in American Studies from Purdue University.
Jack has written for Fortune, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The Weekly Standard, AmericanThinker.com, and regularly for WorldNetDaily. He is Executive Editor for Ingram’s Magazine.
Jack has written eleven books of non-fiction — First Strike, Ron Brown’s Body, Hoodwinked, Sucker Punch, What’s the Matter with California, and Deconstructing Obama. His books have cracked Amazon’s top ten list. Jack has produced a score of documentaries for regional PBS and national cable channels, including the Emmy Award-winning, The Royal Years.
Jack has taught media and literature at Purdue and at Kansas City area universities, and served as a Fulbright professor in France.
One could say Jack is a detective by the way with hard work and true perseverance he gathers the facts and details them for us, “We the People”, and for this we are fortunate.
Jack’s most recent book is TWA 800: The Crash, The Cover Up, The Conspiracy”
Glen Rock, N.J. Two Glen Rock borough police detectives were honored by the FBI for helping solve two bank robberies last year.
Detectives James Calaski and Michael Trover were presented certificates by Timothy Gallagher, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Newark office.
Detective James Calaski helped investigate and solve the 2015 robbery of the Glen Rock Savings and Loan branch and Detective Michael Trover was recognized for being part of the task force that apprehended the “countdown bandit,” who authorities said was responsible for several North Jersey bank robberies including the former Glen Rock Hudson City Savings branch.
By Barbara Hollingsworth | July 7, 2016 | 12:31 PM EDT
(CNSNews.com) – In a strongly worded letter to FBI Director James Comey about his handling of the investigation of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server for government business, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) said he was troubled that “the FBI tried to gag its agents with a non-disclosure agreement on this matter, in violation of whistleblower protection statutes.”
Noting the many “inconsistencies” in Comey’s announcement on Tuesday that he would not recommend criminal charges against Clinton, Grassley’s July 6 letter stated that “in light of these inconsistencies, it is even more troubling that the FBI tried to gag its agents with a non-disclosure agreement on this matter, in violation of whistleblower protection statutes.
“In your July 1st reply to my February 4th letter, you indicated that agents working on this case were required to sign a non-disclosure agreement that failed to exempt protected whistleblowing. Only after I wrote to you did you advise your FBI agents that they are still free to speak with Congress regarding waste, fraud, and abuse,” Grassley wrote.
She put your secrets and security at risk too. Doesn’t that upset anybody? Your foreign intelligence services are less effective now because other countries know specifics about what the State Department was and will be doing – because Hillary Clinton (for whatever reason) put her email (Our email really) out in the open.
The fact that she had her own email infrastructure is irrelevant. She could have easily secured it, and easily archived it, but chose not to..that’s the proof of her intent.
The Clinton’s are absolutely crooks. The only reason why she had the clintonmail.com private server created was to simply keep the financial deals where access and preferential Government treatment was sold to the highest bidders. The reason the decision was made by the FBI was down to pressure from above. To recommend charges would have created all kinds of political problems. Basically, it was a case of too big to fail. This will probably hurt her by costing her a few votes, but she will still make it to the WH due to blind loyalty from women, Democrats, and most of all, the mainstream media.
This has to be the lowest point in any run-up to a Presidential election.
There is no way of getting around this: According to Director James Comey (disclosure: a former colleague and longtime friend of mine), Hillary Clinton checked every box required for a felony violation of Section 793(f) of the federal penal code (Title 18): With lawful access to highly classified information she acted with gross negligence in removing and causing it to be removed it from its proper place of custody, and she transmitted it and caused it to be transmitted to others not authorized to have it, in patent violation of her trust. Director Comey even conceded that former Secretary Clinton was “extremely careless” and strongly suggested that her recklessness very likely led to communications (her own and those she corresponded with) being intercepted by foreign intelligence services.
WASHINGTON DC, The FBI will not recommend criminal charges against Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server while secretary of state, agency Director James Comey said Tuesday, lifting a major legal threat to her presidential campaign.
Comey said that although the investigation found “extremely careless” behavior by Clinton and her staff in their handling of sensitive information, the FBI had concluded that “no charges are appropriate.” He said the agency believed that “no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”
The announcement came at today’s 11am press conference and three days after the FBI interviewed Clinton for hours in a final step of its yearlong investigation into the possible mishandling of classified information.
It is however unlikely to wipe away many voters’ concerns about Clinton’s trustworthiness. As well as the appearance that some people seem to operate above the law and by their own rules.
Hillary Clinton could be interviewed by the FBI in the coming days as part of an investigation into the former secretary of state and her staff’s use of private email to conduct official U.S. State Department business, according to a source familiar with the U.S. Department of Justice’s investigation.
The Justice Department’s goal is to complete the investigation and make recommendations on whether charges should be filed before the two major party conventions take place toward the latter half of July, the source said.
all photos courtesy of the Ridgewood Police Department
June 30,2016
the staff of the Ridgewood blog
Ridgewood NJ, The Ridgewood Police Department has announced the 3rd annual Chief Michael Feeney, Jr. Police Academy scheduled from Thursday June 23rd to Friday July 1st. The academy is open to Ridgewood Residents entering 6th 7th and 8th grades in the fall of 2016.
For only a small fee is $50 per student the Academy which includes two shirts per student a baseball hat a string bag and transportation to our field trip.
Sgt.Lembo finds out the bad guy can’t get away from the K-9
Lt.Paul Acakios talking to the students about the day in the life of an inmate.
This year’s academy features demonstrations from The Ridgewood Police Department, Bergen County Sheriff’s Department K-9 and Bomb Squad, Police Motorcycles, Ridgewood Emergency Services, FBI, Ridgewood Fire Department, Helicopter landing as well as demonstrations from various other agencies. A field trip to the Bergen County Law and Public Safety Complex in Mahwah is also scheduled.
The height of the seven-day Chief Michael Feeney Junior Police Academy may have come on Wednesday when bomb squad members blew up a watermelon.
According to the Ridgewood Police, “The Junior Police Academy has proven to be a valuable experience for all involved and has provided a vital link between the Police Department and the youth of Ridgewood. Further, the Junior Police Academy has afforded students a deeper understanding of the Police function as well as an increased ability to see what the Police and the community can do to serve the Village. The overwhelming success of our Junior Police Academy class has far exceeded the expectations of everyone involved. This program attracts a highly motivated group of recruits, and the Instructors thoroughly enjoy their interaction with these young people. We look forward to another great class.”
According to a new poll from Morning Consult, most voters don’t believe that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s Democratic nomination—the first major party presidential nomination to likely go to a woman—is “historic.” Alyana Alfaro, PolitickerNJ Read more
WEST PALM BEACH (CBS12) — A pro-Isis group has released a hit list with the names of more than 8,000 people mostly Americans.
More than 600-people live in Florida, and one security expert believes that many of those targeted live in Palm Beach County and on the Treasure Coast.
The “United Cyber Caliphate” that hacked U.S. Central Command, 54,000 Twitter accounts and threatened President Barack Obama is the same pro-Isis group that’s reportedly created a “kill list” with the names, addresses and emails of thousands of civilian Americans.
Reports of the list came to light online when Vocativ reported the list was shared via the encrypted app, Telegram, and called on supporters to kill.
Former FBI agent-turned lawyer Stuart Kaplan says the threat is especially alarming, because the people on this list are civilians who don’t have the security necessary to protect themselves.
The jihadi who slaughtered at least 50 at a gay nightclub in Florida last night was known to law enforcement. More of their “Muslim outreach,” I’m sure.
“Omar Mateen, Terrorist Who Attacked Orlando Gay Club, Had Been Investigated by FBI,” Daily Beast:
Mateen was a ‘known quantity’ to federal law enforcement before he killed 53 people in the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.
Mateen came to the attention of federal authorities twice prior to being identified as the gunman in the Orlando nightclub mass shooting, a senior law enforcement source told The Daily Beast.
The source reports that Mateen became a person of interest in 2013 and again in 2014. The Federal Bureau of Investigation at one point opened an investigation of him, but subsequently closed the case when it produced nothing that appeared to warrant further investigation.
“He’s a known quantity,” the source said. “He’s been on the radar before.”
The gunman is said by the source to have been born in New York and to have been married for a time to a woman from New Jersey. His father, Seddique Mateen, appears to reside in Florida, but is said to be presently running for office in Afghanistan.
Seddique told NBC News that the sight of two men kissing angered his son.
“We are saying we are apologizing for the whole incident. We weren’t aware of any action he is taking,” Seddique said. “We are in shock like the whole country.” Seddique added that the attack “has nothing to do with religion.”
His father’s first response is, the massacre “had nothing to do with religion.” The bodies are still warm and the first response of the father of a mass murderer is protect Islam.
And if this has nothing to do with Islam, why is there an imam at the press conference?
Ridgewood NJ, Now that Josh Gottheimer “family member” Hillary Clinton has declared herself the Democratic Party nominee, constituents of the Fifth District deserve to know where Mr. Gottheimer stands on Mrs. Clinton’s policies and priorities.
Does Josh Gottheimer Support “Family Member” Hillary Clinton’s Use of Her Private Email Server?
Clinton’s Claim That Her “Predecessors Did The Same Thing” With A Secret Server Has Been Rated As Mostly False By PolitiFact. “Clinton said, regarding her State Department email practices, ‘my predecessors did the same thing.’ This is a misleading claim chiefly because only one prior secretary of state regularly used email, Colin Powell. Powell did use a personal email address for government business, however he did not use a private server kept at his home, as Clinton did. We rate this claim Mostly False.” (Lauren Carroll, “Hillary Clinton Said ‘My Predecessors Did The Same Thing,’ With Email” PolitiFact , 3/9/16)
NBC News Headline: “Clinton Broke Federal Rules With Email Server, Audit Finds” (Ken Dilanian, “Clinton Broke Federal Rules With Email Server, Audit Finds,” NBC News, 5/25/16)
Reuters Headline: “Clinton Email Server Broke Government Rules, Watchdog Finds” (Jonathan Allen, “Clinton Email Server Broke Government Rules, Watchdog Finds,” Reuters, 5/25/16)
The Associated Press Headline: “State Dept Audit Faults Clinton In Emails” (Michael Biesecker and Bradley Klapper, “State Dept Audit Faults Clinton In Emails,” APNewsBreak, 5/25/16)
The Washington Post Headline: “State Dept. Inspector General Report Sharply Criticizes Clinton’s Email Practices” (Rosalind Helderman and Tom Hamburger, “State Dept. Inspector General Report Sharply Criticizes Clinton’s Email Practices,” The Washington Post, 5/25/16)
The New York Times Headline: “Hillary Clinton Is Criticized For Private Emails In State Dept. Review” (Steven Lee Myers, “Hillary Clinton Is Criticized For Private Emails In State Dept. Review,” The New York Times, 5/25/16)
NBC News Headline: “Clinton Broke Federal Rules With Email Server, Audit Finds” (Ken Dilanian, “Clinton Broke Federal Rules With Email Server, Audit Finds,” NBC News, 5/25/16)
Reuters Headline: “Clinton Email Server Broke Government Rules, Watchdog Finds” (Jonathan Allen, “Clinton Email Server Broke Government Rules, Watchdog Finds,” Reuters, 5/25/16)
CNN Headline: “State Department Report Slams Clinton Email Use” (Ryan Browne and Evan Perez, “State Department Report Slams Clinton Email Use,” CNN, 5/25/16)