10. Our Board of Education is bored of traditional education, so they leave it to the administrators to screw up.
9. The Village still has its reputation to live off.
8. With so many restaurants here, you’ll never go hungry for a nice meal–you can bank on that.
7. Our town swimming pool allows us to enjoy nature and, incidentally, nature’s droppings.
6. In the Village of Ridgewood, the Village Idiots get courtesy parking at Village Hall, courtesy of the Village Council.
5. Taxpayers have a luxury building in which to pay their taxes (but don’t enter if all you need is to use the bathroom).
4. The New York Times will still do stories on Ridgewood as a bell weather community even if people laugh AT us not WITH us.
3. We are working on making pay to play respectable again.
2. We think reform math is the next new great leap forward in education.
1. It’s a Village of large houses so your children will always have a quiet place to meet with their tutors.