the staff of the Ridgewood blog
Ridgewood NJ, more and more people are tuning in each week to see how many screw-ups our new mayor manages to fit into one Village Council meeting.
This week, a few examples:
1. He forgot about the proclamations for Colorectal Cancer Awareness, Red Cross Month, and Poison Control. He was too busy rushing down to have his photo taken with the EMS and Special Operations officers who were going to be sworn in. He had to be reminded to go back to the dais so the proclamations could be read in the order of the agenda.
2. He singled out one of nine EMS people who were being sworn in and stated that he took extra special pleasure in swearing in that one person. He did not say why, Just basically left the other 8 feeling less than extra special.
3. He announced that he was not paying attention at one point.
4. He failed to understand that a continuation of a public hearing means that it will continue at the next public meeting. The Village Attorney had to explain this to him. You know, because the Mayor has only been on the council for more than a year, and is also an attorney, so why would he understand this common procedure?
5. He referred to the swearings-in as “the best part of the evening.” A resident who had waited in line to speak pointed out how rude this was to all of the citizens who wanted to make public comments. This, from the man who is always going on and on about how much he values citizen engagement.
6. He completely forgot about the people on the phone at the end of the second public comments section. He attempted to close public comments, and had to be reminded that people were patiently waiting on the phone. This from the man who incessantly pats himself on the back about virtual call-ins.
7. He inexplicably had an extra meeting scheduled for 7:30 (as well as the pre-meeting meeting which was scheduled for 6:30). Then he took the 7:30 agenda items and put them on the 8:00 meeting, and moved the 6:30 pre-meeting to 7:30. The website was updated and then not updated. All of this was happening late in the afternoon. People were trying to dial in to the 7:30 public meeting, having no idea that it had vaporized. Get it together Mr. Mayor.
As someone pointed out, you can give up HBO and Netflix, and just be entertained by the shenanigans of Mayor Paulie.
Tell your story #TheRidgewoodblog , #Indpendentnews #information #advertise #guestpost #affiliatemarketing ,#NorthJersey #NJ , #News #localnews #bergencounty #nj #sponsoredpost #SponsoredContent #contentplacement #guestposts #linkplacement Email: Onlyonesmallvoice@gmail.com