photo by Boyd Loving
the staff of the Ridgewood blog
Ridgewood NJ, looks like the August 6th BLM rally in Ridgewood brought out some of the worst in people . An African American photographer at the event was targeted by a white women (a Karen) for being creepy and she claimed in a Facebook post considered calling the police.
This is a text book case and what President Obama would call a “teachable moment”.
A “Karen” is a pejorative term used in the United States and other English-speaking countries for a woman perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary. A common stereotype is that of a white woman who uses her privilege to demand her own way at the expense of others.
The staff has a few suggestions ; First you never call the police when you are supporting and at a BLM ie… defund the police rally.
2) The gentlemen is African American , and its his rally not yours.
3) Being a bigot is bad enough but bragging about it on social media is in very bad taste .
4) Not knowing who this gentlemen is and claiming you live in Ridgewood is extremely short sighted .
5) Attending a Ridgewood BLM rally , and not noticing this particular African American has been to all the rallies in the past taking photos and been one of the few African American to attend is a serious lapse of judgement.
6) Find a new hobby being a bigot at an anti bigotry rally is just not a good fit.
7) And finally this blog finds this type of bigotry particularly insidious and will continue to point it out even if your “friends” share your view point and we know they do.